Thursday, May 3, 2007

the significance of friends

nobody really knows how much i adore my friendship with people whom i refer as friends. these are the people whom i can trust, with people whom i can talk to, tell my own secrets, my own frustrations. be it online, offline, over dinner, over coffee, over cigarettes.

nobody knew about my dark past, where i was taunted with horrible names and laughed at my quirkiness. it wasn't easy for me. to stay in school was dreadful. where i count the days until it's the summer or go to sleep in tears wishing i don't have to go there to be judged harshly by self-proclaimed 'it' groups and other cliques that i had to go through my life.

now, i may have that behind me, but it doesn't mean i have forgotten. everytime i feel the hurt from people whom i call "friends" because they value me less, i feel the pain of elementary and high school all over again.

frankly, i feel that i am having the same nightmare all over again...

and...it's so funny...when the people whom you thought you can trust....not.

No comments: