Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Encounter with the boss

These were the few times I was able to have a chat with our Japanese Manager. This surprisingly, 40 year old man, trapped in a youthful, child-like soul. I told him, part-awe and part-teasingly how he looks around 35, or even 30, maybe because he feels young.

He shrugged his shoulders with a touch of boyish shyness and said, Maybe.

He's been all over the world. Portugal, Spain, Mexico, France, Japan, Philippines, Hawaii, Bali, and all the places he mentioned that I didn't quite comprehend. It was fascinating.

And hello? When will you even see your boss ride the waves using a short board? Totally awesome if you ask me.

I wanna be like him. By the time I reach 40 I want to have traveled some parts of the world. I guess that dream never went away. No matter how shitty or how crappy life may be. Be it if I was single or attached, to see unknown places is a part of me. An old dependable friend.

But to be able to travel, I have to be able to be free.

Hopefully I will be.

2 comments:

francesbean said...

surf shortboards?? :P

WS said...

Heh :P sabog sabog ako nun yung ginawa ko yung entry :P inedit ko nav bleh