Wednesday, October 24, 2007

old friend.

I took off from work early to seek some green pasture. It's been a while since I've roamed in the streets of Makati and all it's petrifying, awesome glory. The tall buildings of steel and glass, the old buildings of concrete and cement, the roads lined with trees and crudely done plastic stars that was adorned from trunk to branch, the seemingly missing electrical posts smartly hidden deep below the streets. The underground passageways leading to every corner of Ayala avenue.

The supposed "mock" interview took about an hour. And it was conveniently located behind philam life.

There was this friend that I have missed during the 8 months we were apart. The last time we met was valentines day. He was off to the US and when he got back I was on my way to Cebu. It was about time I paid him a surprise visit.

I walked in the classy, sophisticated building and left my id and headed up to the 16th floor.
The guard was there and I asked if he was still there, so he called up his cubicle and asked for Jr, then he told me that I was out front.

I went in their lobby, with the sleek green seats and waited for one of my most favorite people in the world.

He got out, wearing his usual green striped polo and slacks, he looked at me and smiled a mile wide and we hugged tight laughing after being separated for 8 months, it was nice to see him again.

We talked while he and yanyan smoked, and he went to send some e-mails and we took a long walk to the mrt station.

It was 30 minutes of endless chitchat. We were squeezing all what we could in that short time until we meet again soon for another dinner session. He was mostly listening to me talk. With all my giddy laughter and my cursing. While he gave out inputs and such and shared some of his own stories.

We got to the station, shared one last hug and promised to meet for dinner soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww.. It's good to actually go out with old friends once in a while. ^^

I tagged you by the way :P