Sunday, October 28, 2007

photographs and memories

I may sound like a weenie, but I missed having a digital camera. Since the Cebu trip ended I had to give the Canon Ixy 60 back. So I'm left with basically my 2mp Sony DSC-P31(?!), or the LCD-retarded Canon Powershot A95.

Obviously, I am not a professional. I am not honing for a DSLR anytime soon (but it would be cool to have one in the near future if I've grown sick of the p&s or I find it's capabilities not enough), I still have a hard time remembering what the aperture does (hihi, he'll kill me for that one), and I remember conversations over coffee and lenses that left me a bloody nose. It was fascinating and yet humbling.

I am more of an enthusiast. I love photography and I miss taking pictures of everything and anything that comes along my way. Especially now when I was armed with knowledge that I didn't know before, I felt like there was something missing.

Human subjects are a really complicated and yet fulfilling to shoot at, I remembered when we ha d a group meeting, and I was there snapping pictures using the viewfinder, everything came out crappy (lol), since the viewfinder wasn't the exact thing you would see in a lens, but each time you point the camera at them their naturalness (?) fades away and suddenly they feel being inspected and probed at.

This is why I stick to non-human subjects. Like food!

No comments: