Friday, January 5, 2007

i'm ryan from the OC, book favorites atbp


Aside from watching the last ep on season 2, I never did try or never had the courage/effort to watch the series again. Although if its staring at my face maybe, I will...

These are one of those times I'm facing a dose of writer's block. Like a big dam was trying to keep hold all my words my thoughts and ideals.

Recently, I have seen the booklisters community and i must say it gave me second thoughts and even
humbled my reading capabilities. When a certain Lj friend gave me thought regarding what books I loved/read that was published before the 1900s...my mind went blank. Aside from the Filipino classics Noli Me Tangere and El Filibusterismo...I was shell-shocked to find none. You can say that modern writings fascinate me more, and I'm not very fond of the thee art thou although Macbeth seems like a nice read and Edgar Allan Poe seems fascinating.

I could now go on and continue Sun Tzi's The Art of War which I let my mom borrow for a while. And I have that 500php gift card for Fully Booked from my sister....which I will be looking for new books to read.

Inspired by their apps, I recently began compiling my Top 15 Books. Here are some of them. (Reviews soon to follow)
  1. Falling Leaves - Adeline Yen Mah
  2. Shanghai Baby - Wei Hui
  3. The Joy Luck Club - Amy Tan
  4. Nip 'n 'Tuck - Kathy Lette
  5. Heaven and Earth (Book 2) , and Books 1 and 3 from The Three Sisters Island Trilogy - Nora Roberts
  6. Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban from the Harry Potter Series - JK Rowling
  7. Of Love and Other Demons - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  8. Digital Fortress - Dan Brown
  9. Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
  10. The Gangster of Love - Jessica Hagedorn
  11. Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom
  12. Kiss (book 5) from the Fearless Series - Francine Pascal
  13. Stick Figure - Lori Gottlieb
  14. Blue Orchids - Julia Fenton
  15. The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
it might change or something. I'm not particularly sure. but anyhow. pics and reviews of the book to follow maybe

No comments: