Monday, January 15, 2007

You wear a real short skirt, I wanna look up, look up, look up, yeah, yeah...

Since I was having The Killers' Sam's Town on repeat on most of my car rides, I was missing my Hot Fuss CD. Now that I have conveiniently located it after the cleanup , this was my music for the morning.
I remember skipping over a few tracks 2 years ago when I first listened to it, although i have to admit Somebody Told Me, Mr. Brightside, and the Midnight Show was my favorites and even skipped tracks to get there since it was Tracks 2,4, and 10. But when I popped it in the CD player I was cruisin all the songs. Even the slow ones I have gotten to appreciate it very well. Like Believe Me Natalie , Glamorous Indie Rock and Roll, Smile Like You Mean It and some others. It's either I'm maturing with regards to music or I was very closed minded before.

Then Sam's Town appeared 2 or 3 years after Hot Fuss. And I can say, this album was one of the best albums I've heard for 2006, together with Panic! at the Disco's A Fever You Can't Sweat Out... It took a while before I got to play all the tracks, and did a mental reviews of the songs. But the Interlude and Exitlude was kickass and hilarious. Plus, my personal favorite Sam's Town was my anthem while driving along EDSA. (and yes, as far as cover design is concerned, hello! There is a chick and a goat. what could be more better than a chick and a goat beside a beatup looking warehouse? haha)

Anyway, I have to work...and the little boy is looking over my shoulder as I write. I don't mind people reading my entries really, but the fact that he does it while I write is a bit awkward...no offense though >:D<

No comments: