Wednesday, January 31, 2007

so, I was sick (and look how many variations of barf I can say)

yesterday, I woke up having the stomach pains and the chills. thinking it was the usual "that time of the month again" I took a shower and went to the office.

Halfway there I felt this need to ... upchuck. All I wanted was to run to the nearest bathroom and spew my guts but since I cannot just toss my cookies, I waited until I was at the office, asked the little boy for a platic bag and raced to the bathroom, half-tottering, slipping in my pointy flats.

Let me tell you. Doing the technicolor yawn felt so good that time. All I wanted to do was to barf and barf until everything was out. I didn't mind people coming in hearing me puke. This was life and death.

I finished after around 2 minutes to wash myself off and went up to the office, still feeling the chills. It was 8:03...

at 9:00, I was getting the chills, my hands are cold. NiƱa and Ben felt my shivering hands and had resulted to measures like socks at my hands and after, gloves from Sally, I already called it quits and skivved off for a whole day sick leave after the CTC insuance. At 10:38 or so. I went to the doctors, and went home to tumble into bed at 1pm.

For the past 20 hours I was probably sleeping. only to wake up for meals and meds then drift off to sleep. I knew I was feeling better then I woke up 3am today and the light-headedness was gone. The headache also and the nausea. and I couldn't sleep anymore. I was alive enought today to play fatal frame 2 the whole afternoon, only flinching when I hear the phone vibrate or the thunder made the controllers vibrate.

Now, I will be driftng off to sleep. and hopefully will be ready to go to work tomorrow.

No comments: