Monday, June 11, 2007

HK : After a decade in HK island. (day 3) [x]

we all had a late start, headed over the East TST for flight confirmation, went to Wing On department store to browse,walked over from Mody drive to look for just...well nothing special, but the baby g's caught my eye. I never thought I'd get a new watch here. (but more of that later). My dad, sister and I also bought bread from a nearby bake shop (Pork bun, slice of cake, coconut bread with cream + 2 sugarcane juice).


Anyway. after the confirmation, we took the MTR line to Fotress Hill (near North point) for lunch. Why we went there,I don't really know, so Here was the route (easy enough to remember as it is)

Go down TsimShaTsui MTR -> Get off at Admirality -> Transit over to MTR HK line and drop off wherever you wish.


I absolutely LOVE the train system. It pwns owning a car. They also have the neat octopus card you can use for eating, commuting and even wiping your ass off (right). I was craving for an authentic HK dimsum. but my dreams were thwarted once again and guess where we ended up...

OMGz YOSHINOYA of all places. I had to wryly wonder of all the irony I had for today. So out of curiousity I ordered the usual beef gyudon meal.


they had a beef/chicken combo as well what was different from the menu is the grilled fish, no tempura, they have a student meal *which you can only avail if you have a complete student uniform on or a student ID, and classier furniture than Yoshinoya Manila.

The gyudon was leaner, the candied ginger was free and is not the usual pink color, the chicken bowl had a side of vegetables that include brocolli, cauliflower, string beans and carrots and the gyudon/chicken bowls all come with either A) Miso soup b) Japanese Tea c) softdrink/juice ranging from HK$23-33.

After that we walked at fortress hill to find a watch store on sale and this is where i found a little beauty. It was a pretty, white addidas watch with accent of what is becoming my favorite color (green). it was a sleek and classic design. plus it had a 10% off. from HK$245 -> HK$220 (PHP1300).

they had a stopover at wellcome to buy random stuff.

then we took the tram to causeway bay, looked around for various internet shops to book for disneyland online, asked the MTR causeway bay station if they sell tickets and went to the 12 floor mall called SOGO.



I ended up buying clothes for my DS LITE. Hence, here is my dark blue ds lite sock.
After that an MTR ride home and here we are back at the hotel waiting for our cousin to come over. charging my laptop for use to book tickets online. :D

No comments: