Thursday, June 28, 2007

g33k p0st: i ♥ rainlendar

it's been a while since I got excited over a piece of software that is a value to my life. The last one was probably jwpce. Which I find still short on my list of must-have softwares in your laptop.

Anyway, forget about that, but let's go to rainlendar. It's been around for a while, but it just caught my eye today when I saw it at KM's notebook. The sleek, transparent calendar, the cute little crossable, progress monitoring to-dos and the nifty alert-recurring enabled events list that will surely make the OC people happily organizing their appointments, meetings and other online and offline whatnots in the comforts of their own desktop.

Not to mention that the calendars alert you for important dates and other events that you have scheduled. And, don't worry about swapping pcs, since you can copy all the data you entered from Rainlendar to your usb drive and take it with you anywhere by just grabbing the information where the software is installed. Beat that!

I took a print screen of it while updating this entry.I love it's uncluttered, minimal, semi-transparent look that matches my bare desktop which almost always just has My Documents, My Computer, Recycle Bin, and My Network Places on it. I have a friend who has his desktop half-covered with icons and damn, I don't like it one bit.

my rainlendar on the right

Anyone who wants to give it a try, just pop over to http://www.rainlendar.net. I bet it will rank as one of the most useful mini-apps for a while.

I am such a geek.

1 comment:

Knight said...

This is actually a bit old for me... the thing i found i found most amusing on it was that it can actually use Outlook on the back end... now before you say yuck, please remember I use a Pocket PC... that means by using Outlook + Rainlendar, I get the benefit when I am in front of my PC as well as on the road with my pocket PC. so yeah... rainlendar is also one of my recommended though not for all kinda software.

and...

you are a geek. hahaha. and i mean it in a good way.