Friday, July 27, 2007

i am a risk taker. stupid, but it keeps me alive.

i went undertime to race to ayala to buy our boat tickets. only to find out that viewing deck seats are only sold at the pier and they close at 5:30. and they don't do reservations.

I was still processing all the information 5 minutes before 5 at Ayala.

Oh, screw it. and I asked the taxi guy how long will it take from here to the pier of Ocean jet.

20 minutes.

I did a quick calculation and I can get there around 5:15. I took the chance and we sped of to M. Cuenco towards the pier. Everything was a bit unfamiliar until i got to fort san pedro.

the taxi stopped in front of the pier gates and told me "dire na" It's here.

I got out into the chaos and mayhem of the pier. Think uber corny Pinoy movie where couples and families say good bye and where stupid lovers jump to the sea to race after boats jutting away with their unrequited but soon to be true love.

I ran. and I saw the time at the clock ... it was a little before 5:15, my heart was pumping with adrenaline and what ifs. What if the line is long or what if they're already closed, what if i dont get there on time? or what if i do get the tickets how am i gonna go back? fuck.

my heart was bursting to the seams with worry to see a short line at the ticketing counter.

I told myself it's not over yet until I get myself 5 tickets for Saturday's 6am trip.

So I fell in line, gave information to the man at the counter, and gave me 5 neatly printed tickets.
while i got out, a taxi just got in letting out its passengers. I was dizzy and I want to throw up. But I got to Ayala in one piece. Triumphant, yet wonky.

I told you, I'm insane. But it's worth it.

No comments: